New York, NY – November 15, 2016 – Zive, Inc., a consumer software company that’s already caught the eye of avid Gmail fans, today announced that its latest release of Kiwi for Gmail now encompasses not just Gmail, but all of the web-based apps associated with Google’s recently rebranded G-Suite.
Kiwi for Gmail 2.0’s new features completely transform both the look of Gmail and the way people work with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides by providing multiple windows, desktop integration, and a simple, intuitive interface that allows them to quickly access each application, open new documents, and get back to recent documents with a single click. And – a first for Google Drive or its office apps – it works across multiple accounts.
“No one wants to make a massive spreadsheet in a browser tab,” says Eric Shashoua, CEO. “We believe that Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides are great apps, but people should be able to use them like they’ve used Microsoft Office for the last 20 years.” Since most work continues to be done on the desktop, he continues, it’s important to move beyond the browser which is great for content consumption, but very limiting when it comes to content creation.
Zive wants to make Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides look and feel as much like Microsoft Office as possible, while still preserving the uniqueness of GSuite.
Key features of Kiwi for Gmail 2.0:
- Ability to use Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides as native, windowed desktop applications within Kiwi for Gmail
- Open documents in their own windows allowing you to multi-task like never before using documents across applications and multiple accounts
- Ability to open recent documents, quickly access Google Drive files across multiple accounts
- Intuitive new toolbar on the left side of the traditional Gmail interface that allows quick access to all GSuite applications
- Save all open document windows on exit and have them restore on relaunch, preserving window size, location, and account in the process
- Ability to open various file types directly within Kiwi for Gmail, including gsheet, gform, gdoc, gslides, gdraw, glink and gnote
- Offline access for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides is in development
“For years, desktop users of Google Apps have had to settle for user experiences that do not deliver what’s possible through native applications.” Says Eric Shashoua. “Kiwi for Gmail 2.0 now enables you to access all the great functionality of G-Suite apps in a better way. By taking them out of the browser, we’re able to add new features and make you even more productive.”
Zive’s Kiwi for Gmail application has the highest overall rating (average rating for all versions) of all third-party email apps on the Mac since its beta debut in 2015, surpassing other well-known apps such as AIrMail, Unibox and Go for Gmail. Mac users have given both Kiwi for Gmail (paid) and Kiwi for Gmail Lite (free) 4.5 out of 5.0 stars, far surpassing the ratings of its competitors. For more information on Zive and Kiwi for Gmail, go to www.kiwiforgmail.com.
About Zive. Inc.
Zive is the producer of Kiwi for Gmail, a new email desktop application for Mac users. Based in New York City, Zive is a productivity software company that is devoted to humanized design that is beautiful, seamless, and simple. The company is led by a team experienced with raising over $14M in venture funding and creating consumer electronics that have been featured internationally in the Apple Store and Best Buy. After long-term exposure to the leadership of Apple, Bose and iRobot, the Zive team developed a passionate design philosophy for creating humanistic, friendly products that are also powerful.